Part-time RDN position in Rosedale (Queens), NY
Elizabeth Madison Nutrition, PLLC is a growing nutrition & wellness company located in Rosedale (Queens), New York. We use a supportive biopsychosocial spiritual model to providing Medical Nutrition Therapy with a specialization in weight management, specifically obesity; diabetes, heart health, and emotional eating issues. We help our clients achieve and maintain their weight and health goals through a combination of our unique Body, Mind & Spirit approach, motivational interviewing, goal setting, the dissemination of education and information, ongoing support, and accountability. We use technology such as our Weight Loss Transformation (WLT) App to deliver information and other resources.
We currently have two Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and are seeking two additional, part-time Registered Dietitian Nutritionist/Clinical Dietitians to join our team as our company continues to grow and expand.
The RDN would provide nutritional counseling services to insurance-based clients.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a health/wellness related discipline
• Current RDN registration, and New York CDN certification
• A minimum of two years' experience providing evidenced-based medical nutrition therapy. Motivational interviewing skills a plus.
• Credentialed with major insurance companies a plus
• Proficient with weight management, (pre) diabetes, and heart health (hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, etc.)
• Open to a holistic (Body, Mind & Spirit) approach to weight loss and wellness
• Our client population is predominantly of African-American/Caribbean descent (40-65 years of age), so experience with culturally diverse populations is preferred
• Passionate about providing exceptional services to clients in a supportive, kind, and focused manner.
• Positive and optimistic attitude that can handle flexibility and change
• Ability to be self-directed, highly organized, think critically and be proactive
• Willingness & motivation to stay abreast of the latest research and methods through regular training and consultation.
• Computer literacy of Microsoft Office products, email and internet skills
Client appointment demand is in the late afternoon/evenings and weekends. The RDN can develop his/her own on-site schedule consisting of 5-10 hours weekly. Weekend availability is preferred.
Please visit our website, Facebook and social media pages, and YouTube channel to learn more about our services and approach before applying for the position.