Advisor for Online Nutritional Sciences Program (Tucson, AZ)
The Department of Nutritional Sciences at the University of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) is seeking enthusiastic candidates with effective communication and attention to detail to join the team as an Academic Advisor I (Transfer Liaison) for our fully online undergraduate program.
Background in dietetics preferred, master's degree preferred.
Job Title: Academic Advisor I (Transfer Liaison)
Job Description: https://uacareers.com/postings/38730
The Academic Advisor I (Transfer Liaison) will:
· Advise transfer students on academic requirements and procedures associated with the Nutritional Sciences program.
· Evaluate course petitions and amendments to student's program of study, monitor academic progress, maintain student files and records, and evaluate transfer transcripts for course equivalencies.
· Assist students with negotiating University and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and Departmental processes and procedures, including guidance through UA admissions, placement exams (math, writing, second language), financial aid, and other services.
· Lead efforts to increase applications from high-achieving prospective students including targeted recruitment communications to a national audience.
· Develop and facilitate presentations using various multimedia; Coordinate large and small informational sessions or events and evaluate effectiveness of these programs.
· Collaborate with the University of Arizona Admissions team by responding to inquiries related to transfer articulation from prospective online students.
· Onboard newly admitted Nutritional Sciences undergraduate students by offering an orientation program designed to ensure incoming online students receive necessary program information and appropriate first-term course registration.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action organization and was recently designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.