Program Associate I (Burlington County)- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
Recruitment/Posting Title Program Associate I (Burlington County)
Job Category Staff & Executive - Project/Program Management/Planning
Department SEBS-Family & Consumer Science
The School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS), located on the George H. Cook Campus, is one of the largest schools of Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. We pursue excellence in research, teaching, and outreach in areas of study that address the biological spectrum from molecules to ecosystems. Our emphasis is on both the fundamental sciences and the social and human dimensions. We offer 21 undergraduate majors, including plant and animal sciences, microbiology, biotechnology, agriculture and food systems, landscape architecture, food and nutritional sciences, ecology and evolution, marine science and oceanography, environmental sciences and meteorology, human ecology, entomology, and environmental economics.
The New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES) is an integral component of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. The experiment station provides a diverse range of research, extension, and education programs that serve the people of New Jersey and the urban, suburban, and rural communities in which they live. Through its Cooperative Extension offices in all 21 New Jersey counties, dedicated 4-H agents, Extension specialists, Family & Community Health Sciences educators, and Agriculture and Natural Resources agents work to serve New Jersey residents in every area of the state. In addition, off-campus field stations and farms focus on research ranging from support for fisheries, agriculture and allied businesses to support for youth and teens, while several centers and institutes on the George H. Cook Campus at Rutgers–New Brunswick engage in world-class research to provide solutions for a range of issues faced by New Jersey residents.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Program Associate I for the SEBS-Family & Consumer Science department. This grant-funded Program Associate I position works closely with Rutgers Cooperative Extension, county and community-based partners, agencies, and support staff to implement and evaluate programs, educational lessons, and other outreach activities for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program- Education Program (SNAP-Ed). SNAP-Ed is a part of outreach efforts offered by the Department of Family and Community Health Sciences (FCHS) of Rutgers Cooperative Extension and seeks to educate a diverse audience of limited-resource residents in Burlington County, New Jersey. Position reports to the Senior Program Coordinator Supervisor.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Supports direct education and policy, systems, and environmental change interventions
• Acts as a representative of the NJ SNAP-Ed Program at board and coalition meetings
• Provides supervision and training to SNAP-Ed staff
• Engages in budget management, data collection, and reporting of outreach and outcomes, in collaboration with the Sr. Program Coordinator Supervisor.
• Seeks out new partners among county, community-based, faith-based, school, business, agriculture, social services, and relevant entities to facilitate the delivery of SNAP-Ed programs and interventions; Compiles and updates partnership contacts database.
• Maintains outreach schedule of programs and events; maintains program evaluation data; coordinates staffing needs; and generates program reports as needed.
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift
Annual Minimum Salary 45854.000
Annual Mid Range Salary 57059.500
Annual Maximum Salary 68265.000
Standard Hours 37.50
Union Description URA-AFT Administrative
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as health education, public health, food, nutrition, or other related discipline; Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in an administrative or supervisory function.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience coordinating and implementing community health promotion and behavior change programs
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and have experience working with diverse groups/clientele
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Internet, and working knowledge of cloud-based document sharing applications, on-line learning management systems; and reporting systems
• Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel, when necessary, to sites throughout New Jersey for business demands.
• Master’s Degree in nutrition, health education, public health, family and consumer sciences or related discipline from an accredited institution preferred.
• 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in an administrative or supervisory function, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the related field preferred.
• Familiarity with organizations focusing on limited-resource/low-income audiences within New Jersey or Burlington County
• Professional certification such as Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES); Registered Dietician (RD); Certified in Family & Consumer Sciences, or related public health or nutrition related certification
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Internet, and have a working knowledge of cloud-based document sharing applications, on-line learning management systems; and reporting systems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• This position must have the ability to carry program materials and supplies, including audio-visual equipment
• Ability to arrange set-up of class space (move tables and chairs)
• Must successfully complete Rutgers Youth Protection training
• Clean Driving Record
• This position will oversee Burlington County, New Jersey.
Posting Number 19ST1529
Posting Open Date 02/22/2019
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus Off Campus
RCE of Burlington County, 2 Academy Dr, Westampton, NJ 08060