Bilingual Registered Dietitian- Houston, TX
Thrive Skilled Pediatric Care is currently seeking a Bilingual Registered - Licensed Dietitian for pediatric GI patients. This role will be based in our Houston, TX office. The dietitian will conduct enteral nutrition education to pediatric patients and their families/caregivers. The dietitian will also provide expertise for tolerance issues and communicate with physicians and the healthcare team for best outcomes and provide nutrition expertise.
- Demonstrates knowledge of normal child growth and development and pediatric nutrition when performing nutrition assessments. Develops nutrition care plans and outlines goals with patient and their family based on existing nutrition standards of care. Implements nutrition interventions based on knowledge of disease state, normal and therapeutic nutrition and child development.
- Makes hospital or home visits to patients with nutritional problems and sets up, instructs and demonstrates on how to use GI equipment (feeding pumps, gravity bags, etc.).
- Takes part in delivery, setup, pick-up of home healthcare equipment in hospital and/or home environment.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of patients' nutrition care plan. Collaborates with health care team on the implementation of nutrition care principles. Provides nutrition counseling and education to patients and their families/care providers.
- Develops individual goals and initiates own evaluation to enhance clinical practice and professional growth through continuous acquisition of knowledge, skill development, by assuming a leadership role in clinical education, and the evaluation and communication of department goals and outcomes.
- Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary clinical team to optimize care of patient families participating in the assigned program. Partners with coworkers to provide valuable input on projects and takes ownership of project(s) as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field
- Successful completion of the Registration Examination for Registered Dietitians
- Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Dietitian in State of Texas
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Able to lift heavy objects from a squatting to standing position.
- 2 years related experience
- Experience in pediatrics
- Pediatric Nutrition
- Life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Our Purpose: To provide high quality clinical home care to medically fragile children so they can grow and flourish to their full potential. This purpose serves as our guiding light and provides inspiration and motivation throughout our organization.
Our Core Values: Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Compassion, and Social Responsibility. These define how we conduct our business, informing all our strategic and operational decisions.
Posted on 06/11/2018